Mission Statement and Vision
In 2011, OutWest formed its Mission Statement and Vision. Our Mission Statement sets out the aim of the charity, and the Vision states the six main ways we hope to achieve this aim.
OutWest's Mission Statement
OutWest aims to provide community cohesion by working in collaboration with statutory and/or other bodies imparting our specialist knowledge and by being the leading representative support and social charity for the Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgendered (LGBT) Communities of West London
- An independent charity which empowers its members, partners and stakeholders to promote and develop respect for members of West London's LGBT Communities.
- Administering our services and activities in the most accountable and accessible means possible. We will be fair, respectful and inclusive with our members and others.
- Working in partnership with similar representative organisations on a regional and national basis whilst retaining and developing our independence and special knowledge of West London's LGBT Communities.
- Providing support and advocacy services for members and families of our Communities and thereby promoting the principles of social inclusion on which we were founded.
- Providing networking and social opportunities for people to come together to share their experiences and raise issues with the aim of improving the experience and opportunities for the LGBT communities of West London.
- Working to deliver effective services that make a measurable difference to the lives of members of West London's LGBT communities.